Role: Account Executive
Working Hours: Monday – Friday, 9 am – 5 pm or 9:30 am – 5:30 pm
Department: New Business
Line Manager: Commercial Manager
SJL Insurance Services is an innovative, forward-thinking insurance broker that provides a high-quality, professional service to a national and international portfolio of clients.
It is vitally important that you possess strong communication skills, allowing you to confidently liaise with clients and overall decision makers, whilst also maintaining a high level of professionalism at all times.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- To supervise or carry out the new business function of insurance for clients dealing with telephone enquiries promptly, ensuring fair treatment of our clients
- To process new business quote instructions compliantly and efficiently
- To work with internal lead generators to put together target campaigns with the goal of appointment setting, ‘hot keys’ or renewal date capture
- Cultivate existing clients for recommendations and cross sell and upsell opportunities
- To react to leads generated by existing means (introduces, Website SEO, returning customers, recommendations etc.) in a timely and professional manner
- To achieve pre agreed conversion metrics and targets
- To attend meetings with clients where needed to discuss programme of insurance at both new business and renewal
- To attend networking events, exhibitions, trade fairs, expo’s and similar events where needed
- To ensure that all communications with clients are accurately recorded as per the Firm’s Procedures Manual.
- To utilise all markets available which may be better suited to the client’s requirements or which may offer preferential terms
- To develop ongoing, mutually beneficial relationships with Brokers, Clients, Introducers and Insurers.
- Negotiate terms with insurers in the best interest of the insured
- Adhere to all company policies as detailed in the company handbook
- Embrace and use Broker Assess for all CPD, ensuring you meet minimum standards as laid out by the firm.
- Respond in a timely manner to all client queries and ensure that communications with the customer and/or insurers, or other relevant business contacts are recorded and uploaded on to the firms back office recording system
- Ability to prioritise and organise own workload to ensure that deadlines are adhered to
- Ability to construct effective written communications, including letters, emails and reports
- Ability to liaise confidently an effectively via the telephone, in writing and face to face
- Able to manage time effectively
- Knowledge and understanding of a wide range of insurance contracts including current market conditions
- Knowledge and understanding of FCA rules and guidelines as well as GDPR & IDD
- Knowledge and understanding of the firms IT system and use of its computer quotation engines
- Willingness to continue to learn and develop
- Entrepreneurial outlook with the ability to cold call (both face to face and over the phone) when needed
- To always act with integrity
- To always act with due care, skill & diligence
- To always be open and cooperative with the FCA, the PRA, any other regulators, compliance teams etc.
- To observe proper standards of market conduct
For more information, please contact Holly Mitchell – Head of Talent Acquisition
Email: [email protected]
Mobile: 07719 083 983