Cover is now available for village halls and other community buildings which are made available for hire, including community centres, parish halls, reading rooms and so on. The cover is placed via Ansvar, who specialise in insurance for charities and other voluntary bodies.
The policy is tailored to the needs of policyholders. It includes Hirers’ Liability, which provides non profit-making hirers with automatic Public Liability insurance for the period of their hire. This means, for example, that individuals who hire the hall for children’s parties do not need to arrange separate liability cover.
Trustees’ Indemnity is included as standard to protect the trustees against the risk of financial loss following a breach of duty.
Cover on buildings and contents is on an accidental damage basis and the policy includes Loss of Income, Money, Public Liability, Products Liability, Employers’ Liability (for volunteers as well as any employees), Libel & Slander and Legal Expenses.
An addition to the cover this year has been the inclusion of protection for clear-up costs following damage caused by trespassers or squatters.
The premium rates are competitive and there is an option to obtain a rebuilding cost valuation at a cost of just £168.00 including VAT.
In summary, the cover includes:
- Accidental damage on buildings and contents
- Loss of income with a 24 month indemnity period
- Money at the premises and at the homes of authorised officials
- Employers’ Liability in respect of volunteers
- Public & Products Liability
- Property Owner’s Liability
- Trustees’ Indemnity
- Legal Expenses
- An excess of just £100 (£1,000 for subsidence)
- Automatic cover for Hirers’ Liability
- Cover for libel and slander
- The option of a valuation for rebuilding the premises
- Cover for clear-up costs following damage by trespassers or squatters
- Generous discounts for Long Term Agreements
- Automatic cover for events attended by up to 1,000 people
- Options to add Fidelity Guarantee, Personal Accident and Motor Policy Compensation